Sunday, May 23, 2010

Heading to the White Desert

Running in Cairo is very intriguing.  It's best to start early before dawn because the streets are so crowded and the air pollution starts getting bad.  There are very good places to run -- but my favorite is along the Nile.

Not to mention, that you put your life on the line everytime you cross a street.  Drivers don't know how to stop and they drive like they are on a mission to run someone down.

But still, the running bug has gotten ahold of me.  And Cairo or not, I'm going running to brave the streets, the horns, the smoke.

But tonight, I'm going to a place where there is no pollution, no congestion, and the only lights I see on earth is the white limestone cake icing glowing faintly in the moonlight.




No comments:

Post a Comment