Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Grand Pyramids of Giza


The Grand Pyramids of Giza are so beautiful and defined even from my plane, several hundred feet up in the air -- what a wonderful way to greet this enchanting city of tombs and minarets.  In many ways, admiring the Grand Pyramids from the sky, provides a more incredible vantage point and leaves an indelible mark in your whole experience. Note the third pyramid is partially obstructed by the plane's wing.

After a last minute adjustment from Souda Bay, I was on my way to Egypt  -- Land of Eternity.


I could not believe how I got here.  I had booked a flight from Souda Bay to Cairo (via Athens) just two hours before the flight. Click here to read my travels in Greece.
It was all last minute, but it wasn't because I was disorganized or had failed to plan.  It was because spontaneity breeds adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment